Bus Driver RekryKoulutus Nobina Oy
Do you want to study in English to become a bus driver and work in a well-paid customer service job?
We are looking for people interested in working as a bus driver for our English-language RekryKoulutus, in which we train new bus drivers for our depots in Helsinki (Roihupelto), Vantaa (Köysikuja) and Espoo (Klovi).
3 good reasons to become a bus driver for Nobina
- Competitive salary
- Independent work, with the support of supervisors always at hand
- A permanent job in a stable company.
- You are unemployed or under threat of unemployment (e.g. laid off or in a temporary job)
- You are at least 23 years old
- You have at least a class B driver’s license
- You have a Finnish or EU driver’s license
- Your health meets the criteria defined in the driver’s license regulations
- You are ready to do customer service work and shift work
We offer you:
- Flexible RekryKoulutus English-language education and a job after the education
(starting salary in the capital region 17.19 €/h, i.e. approx. 2800 €/month + benefits)
- A permanent job in a financially stable company when you have completed your education
- A thorough introduction to the driver’s work and guidance on the routes
- Occupational health care and lunch vouchers (part of employment after RekryKoulutus training).
If you don’t speak Finnish yet, you should be motivated to learn the language skills required in your profession while working, because Nobina’s company language is Finnish and the operating instructions are written in Finnish. We will initially hire you for a fixed-term employment relationship and a permanent employment relationship when your language skills are at the required level.
RekryKoulutus content and implementation:
- The training includes class D driver’s licence training, professional qualification in passenger transport, and other studies related to the work of a bus driver.
- Driving instruction and theory studies are carried out at the TTS training facility in Vantaa (90 days). Orientation and on-the-job training are carried out on Nobina’s routes in the capital region (30 days).
- Following training, the participant has the opportunity to work for Nobina.
- The training is free of charge for the participant (excluding official fees related to the training, totalling around €400).
- The student is not paid a salary during the RekryKoulutus training.
- The training is conducted in English, but Finnish language instruction is also included.
- You can apply for the training until 27.3.2024
- Preselection based on applications on 9.4.2024
- Interviews 17 – 18.4.2024
The training starts with an assessment stage 29.4. – 3.4.2024, for which 18 people will be chosen. Following the assessment stage, 12 people will continue with the RekryKoulutus 6.5 – 22.10.2024.
From restaurant worker to bus driver for Nobina
When part-time layoffs in the restaurant industry hit Lea Hinnosaar started to think about what profession would always have work to offer. A friend suggested to Lea that she should become a bus driver.